Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Truth Is Out There Part 1


Wow, well did I just come to find one of the most intricate and extraordinary places in Second Life on my journey through the virtual realm today. I wanted to go from my futuristic cityscape that I so enjoyed last visit to something a little more sci-fi and completely out there. What better way to find that than outer space? I did a search for Mars, Aliens and Robots and one place came up that seemed to be pretty popular – Necronom VI. It was rated Mature, but that didn’t scare me off, maybe I’d have an interesting story or two to bring back to the blog.

Looks Like I Took the Red Pill
The moment I teleported there I was impressed with the design and they layout of the introductory space. There was a rain of green text, so very The Matrix like and as I explored the intro area I bumped into two people. Both of them told me that it was their first times there, and one even explored with me for a little while. I complimented the other on his outfit, which looked like a martial arts instructor from the year 3000, and he said that it was a free outfit from this market and was nice enough to even give me a landmark tool that I could use to teleport to it in case I wanted to pick it up as well. I said that I wanted to find something edgier and he replied that I’d definitely find something more edgy than the intro clothes that I had on.

After I was finished talking to these few people in the introductory area, I decided to find my way outside and explore the exterior of the building before I went into the multilevel structure that I could tell would hold many secrets. I was disappointed the first time that I left the building since there was nothing that I could see. But after I went back inside, I decided that I should fly around the top since my travels so far in second life have proven that only the true explores go far in this world and I’m so glad I did.

Apparent Space Sphere and Spaceship
Once I flew up I was greeted with a space ship that I unfortunately could find no way to enter. However, right next to it was a sphere depicting outer space that really solidified how well designed this place is. 

The beauty of designing and being a player in a futuristic and sci-fi themed place is that there is nothing else to compare it to, so whatever you’re experiencing you’re also taking in with an open mind and not comparing it to the real New York or the real London. Once I entered this sphere, it looked like I was thrown into the true middle of the universe. There were stars moving all around me and I couldn’t see the boundary. It was like I was transported to a completely different world and I was incredibly impressed with this entire realm. All of this made me even more eager to explore the inside – a journey I could never have imagined.

Boundless Space

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment